SO summer is basically HERE. Did you notice? It’s bathing suit season already! Don’t stress too much, there are a few quick workouts you can do from home that ONLY take about 15 minutes and really get your heart rate up! Continue reading
The story begins…
You meet a wonderful guy. You date, you drink, you eat, you sleep (among other things). You do everything together! Suddenly it seems so much more convenient, if you well…just lived together. It’s an exciting time to create a new chapter in your relationship. Continue reading
I know you hear it all the time, “be happy with yourself” or “use this time to discover who you are”, but what does that even mean? How do I even begin to discover myself? I like men , chocolate, and Netflix. Case closed. But is it? NO.
While you’re single, be careful not to waste the following:
Your Happiness – Learn the difference between what is making you happy temporarily as well as continuously. It is easy to get caught up in activities like partying or going out that only offer a short-period of happiness, perhaps take on a new activity that brings you joy everyday.
Your Time – You’re single! This is the most “you” time you’re going to get in your life! You have the free time to be whoever you want to be, make a list of goals you want to accomplish and make it happen!
Your Money – You don’t have to spend money on anyone but yourself right now. You can get your ducks in a row and treat your self!
I think it’s very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not defined by another person.
*Featured Image provided Le Love
When life seems less than stellar, it can really bring you down. Sometimes curve balls are thrown at us and we have little-to-no time to react and then BOOM – the damage is done. So how do we proceed? What’s done is done and there’s no turning back time. Get me out of the rut!
There is a wall in front of you, and you know that happiness and contentedness are on the other side.
This wall consists of:
- Doubt– It’s easy to doubt yourself when things seem impossible and goals seem unreachable
- Lack of Motivation– It’s easy to lose track of what’s important when you don’t see the good in it
- Lack of Resources– You feel like you don’t have the money, time, or energy to get what you want
If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call ‘failure’ is not the falling down, but the staying down.– Mary Pickford
Tearing down the wall:
- Have some faith– try and stay positive and believe that everything is going to work out, once you start believing then you will see the change
- Get inspired– find some way to get inspired, whether it’s reading, writing, exercising, talking to a friend or family member. Sometimes all we need is a new perspective.
- Get creative– when you are lacking in resources, IMPROVISE! How are you spending your time? What is it making you so tired? Find out what it is that is holding you back from what you really want to accomplish and make it happen.
*All information provided by Passionate Pensive is for entertainment purposes only. All information is based off of the writer’s personal experiences and opinions. No information given is professional, medical, or legal advice.
OK, so, time is moving fast. You were young like last year and now you’re not so young – adulthood is hitting you like a brick wall. Maybe you’re thinking “How did I get here? What now? School did not prepare me for #life, #taxes and what’s a budget?”
The first step into this adulthood transition is recognizing the enemies: Continue reading
All of us are truly blessed. I personally feel extremely blessed to live the life I do. I have a roof over my head, food to eat, my health, a great job and a loving and supportive family. About a year ago, I felt an overwhelming desire to give back in some way. I had heard about the Big Brothers Big Sisters program through my Uncle. He volunteered for the organization for over 15 years. I was able to see the bond and impact he had on his “little’s” life. Not only was he a good influence on him, but they truly developed a lifelong friendship. His little even made my Uncle his best man in his wedding recently!
I’m going to tell you the steps that led me to becoming a Big Sister, which has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Continue reading
I want to feel excited about something everyday. That moment you see your favorite band perform live and get to meet them back stage kind-of excited! The feeling is surreal, it breaks you out of the normal, everyday, mundane routine. Too often we get caught up in our typical day-to-day routines. Cursing at the traffic, rushing to your next appointment, waiting for the next episode on Netflix to load (whoops). Yes, we should be responsible adults and, you know, pay rent and stuff, and we probably won’t get to meet our favorite band everyday… I get it. Sort of. But can we try something new everyday and make each day a little more memorable than the last? For sure!
Maybe try something new everyday for a week! Just a week. It doesn’t have to be extravagant, either – just different.
We do not remember days, we remember moments. -Cesare Pavese
- Compliment a stranger (if you don’t do that already).
- Run on a new trail, run not on a treadmill, but outside. Or just start running in general (just thinking out loud).
- Try some new type of food that you’ve wanted to try but for some reason just never have.
- Pick out a book you normally wouldn’t read at the bookstore.
- Switch up your after-work routine. Maybe skip the Netflix binge watching and go listen to music outside!
While these ideas aren’t life-changing, I am curious to see if they can still make a difference. How does a week of new things compare to other weeks? Maybe people are already living like this and I am in my own bubble talking to myself here. Probably. If you’ve done this before, leave a comment and let me know your thoughts! .