I’ve seen this recipe all over the place lately. So I finally took the time to try it out AND I am so grateful that I did because it saved me so much time every morning. It’s a delicious and healthy grab-and-go breakfast.
What you need:
(Makes 12 Egg Cups)
– Approx. 9 eggs or 12 if you are doing egg whites
– 6-8 pieces of Asparagus
– 6-8 pieces of Green Onions
-6 sausage links
-Your favorite cheese (shredded)
Preheat Oven: 350 (F)
1. Cook the sausage in a frying pan until it’s brown on the outside. While the links are sizzling, start to crack your eggs into a large bowl and beat the eggs. Egg Whites can be used too! They actually come out more fluffy.
2. Still keeping an eye on those sausage links, start to dice up your veggies, once the veggies were cut I separated them into different bowls to sprinkle what I wanted in each egg cup. By now the links should be ready to be diced up as well.
3. Using a cupcake pan and cupcake wrappers (maximizing the grab-and go effect) start to layer the veggies first in each individual cup. WAIT. Spray some cooking spray in those tins! Mine got stuck. Tee hee. Ok. Carry on. Throw in some links too!
The best part about these egg muffins is the flexibility, modify the veggies and meat to suit your taste buds AND they will last you the entire week! Enjoy! 🙂